Breast Forms by Type
Need help with type of Breast Forms? Call Janet at 1-866-699-9612
Select Category at Left for All Breast Forms by Type
The Best Selling Breast Forms by Type are Pictured Below
How to choose a breast prosthesis (breast form):
Park Mastectomy Supply offers a breast prosthesis (breast form) to meet any post mastectomy need.
- The silicone breast form is the most life like form with similar movement, weight, and feel of your natural breast. The silicone form may feel uncomfortably hot in some climates and heavy during some activities. Different brand breast forms may fit differently in your mastectomy bra. You should use the sizing chart for the brand of breast form you choose.
- A non-silicone breast prosthesis such as, foam, puff, or ployfil may be what you want to wear for sport or leisure activities. These forms are lighter and cooler than silicone breast forms but will not have the feel or drape you want during other social events. Breast forms are available in different sizes and shapes. Some breast forms have nipples and some are completely smooth. There are weighted and non-weighted forms for active sports, and swimming. Some breast forms are available in darker skin tones.
- The symmetrical (triangle) breast form may be used on either side and are most commonly used after a simple mastectomy with no lymph nodes removed under the arm. Triangle forms should be worn with the smallest curve at the top.
- The asymmetrical breast form (used only on your right or left side) is for a more radical mastectomy with lymph nodes under the arm or on the chest wall removed. Asymmetrical breast forms may be turned in any direction for a better fit.
- Oval breast forms may be turned vertically or horizontally depending whether you want fullness on the sides or fullness up the chest wall.
- Partial shaper forms are designed with a scooped out back to fit over any remaining tissue you have. This gives a smooth appearance over lumpectomies or less extensive surgeries. Shapers help to balance uneven breast size or shape after reconstruction.
- Soft puff or fiber filled breast forms may be worn immediately after surgery with a recovery camisole. If you have had radiation treatment you may need to wear a soft puff breast form until you can tolerate a permanent breast form on your skin.